Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

My wife and I are a couple of first-timers assigned to Canyon. Realizing the answers might vary depending on the dorm or room, would you folks weigh in on a couple of topics?

Are the dorms at a comfortable temperature most of the time?

Do they attempt to have couples in rooms with double beds or are all rooms equipped with a pair of twin beds?

Is there a dresser or drawers? Is there a desk?

Finally, what thing do you think we'll most likely wish we had brought (or regret bringing)?

Thanks!

Views: 273

Replies to This Discussion

The Canyon dorms look the same...

actually the couples room is better then  single rooms you have your own bathroom  its either an queen size or king size  bed

There is no a/c so in the heat of the summer the rooms can get pretty warm

There are a limited number of rooms with double beds and we usually try to save these for couples but there is a chance that you will have 2 twins that can be pushed together if you choose.

The rooms should all have a dresser for each person. Desks can be hit or miss i'm not sure if the canyon dorms do.

I would definitely recommend bringing a fan and at least one surge protector as there are limited outlets in the rooms and they aren't always in the most convenient  places

Thank you all.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service