Living & Working in Great Places
Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!
First off, I was going to title this blog "Why I want to Work in Alaska" however the more I thought about it I realized the working part is just a means to an end .... and the end is just getting to Alaska and spending 4 months there exploring, meeting new friends, drinking northern home brew, eating incredible seafood, and , yes, working. So here are my "ten" reasons for wanting to visit our northernmost state ...
1) The incredible scenary
2) The independent and resourceful people
3) Oversized fish, crabs, shrimp .... heck, just about everything is oversized in Alaska!
4) The Cold ..... yes the Cold. When it is 99 deg and 100 percent humidity in Houston it is absolute misery ... bring on Alaska!
6) Photo ops ... I plan on taking LOTS of pictures to remember a very special summer.
7) Wildlife (and I am NOT talking about parties at my place). Whales, Seals, Bears, Moose, Eagles, Puffin, and the list goes on and on.
8) Never lost. Heck, there aren't enough roads in Alaska to get lost :-)
9) Coolwork forums and blogging .... I plan to do a LOT of writing about my adventure as it unfolds!
10) The Alaska Ferry ... not only is it expensive, but I'll probably get deathly seasick as well! My idea of fun :-)
For my Cool worker buddies meeting me up there .... what are your most important reasons for wanting to go?