Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

I would love to get some feedback from other seasonal work veterans about your bosses. What do you think makes a good seasonal boss or employer? From experience what have you learned to look for when weighing options?

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The problem here is that you never know what the managers are like until you get there, and they change as frequently as any other seasonal personnel. If you get good managers your experience will be awsome, and if you get bad managers it can be ruined very quickly. When we were at Mesa Verde everything was going great until we got a new Food & Beverage Manager. In our building there were nine people who quit in one week, some 25% of the employees in that building. All because of one new manager who didn't get it. The best advise I can give if you get a bad one is to avoid them as best you can and try to focus on why you chose that location in the first place. If you get a good one you will be having too much fun to worry about it.
I think the most effective managers that I have had have all been CHILL!! No running into the walk-in to cry when it gets busy, no stressful veins popping out when working out sales numbers. In my opinion the best (and healthiest) managers are calm and will discuss any problems you might have in a respectful manner.
A good boss is one who values a hard working employee and rewards hard work appropriately either with thanks or opportunity for promotion.

A bad boss is one who is afraid and threatened by a hard working intelligent employee! Or one who shows favoritism by offering promotions or other on the job perks to friends working under them.

I had experience with both!

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service