Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Hello out there!  My name is Angie & I am  51 and my partner is Bunny is 59.  She has already retired.  I want to work seasonally (follow the warmer weather) at our National Parks.  We will live in our Airstream travel trailer.  We do have a well behaved dog.  Is it an issue that Bunny stay in the park while I work?  Do most allow dogs?  She could do some volunteer work but could not put in long hours due to back issues.

Thank you for any insight!

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While not impossible it will be more difficult to find an employer that will want to hire a single with a non working rv partner than a team. Many employers provide meals to their employees. Many National Parks are quite some distance to affordable grocery shopping if you are going to do your own meals. It wouldn't take long for your income to shrink significantly if you were shopping at NP camp stores. Search the various employers on Cool Works and research their employee conditions. You can always contact their HR deptments and ask specific questions. The type of job position you want to apply for may have an impact as well--the higher and more specialized your skill the more an employer will accommodate your desires.

Thank you!  I will definitely research the employer and ask many questions prior to accepting a position.  We will keep in mind the distance to affordable groceries as well!

Another thing to look at is there are not many warm weather National Parks in the winter that have RV set-ups.  The question becomes how many seasons do you want to spend in Death Valley, or if non-parks is an option like Amazon.  There is the chance of workkamping...but that usually doesn't have a direct income

We are considering the Camperforce program at Amazon. I've contacted them and was told currently offered in Kentucky. I asked about the weather and the job runs from Oct. through Dec. and that the weather been acceptable for RVing. Thinking I may make enough money there to carry us through until a Spring job. I appreciate your reply Keith!

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired with the CoolWorks Journal.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email greatjobs@coolworks.com for more information. 

Events

CoolWorks Links

© 2017   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service