Some time ago, I wrote a blog post of things I feel are underappreciated. Seeing as I love lists, I thought I would do a follow up. Here is a link to the original list. http://my.coolworks.com/profiles/blog/show?id=561627%3ABlogPost%3A39996
1. Little Debbie Nutty Bars -- of my gosh, can these things get any better? Peanut Butter, chocolate, wafers, 40% of your daily recommended servings of saturated fats. Also, like Twix, you get 2 bars in a pack. Outstanding, I feel like I am getting a good value for my snacking dollar. Eating one right now.
2. Pancho and Lefty by Willie Nelson, featuring Merle Haggard -- I like this song so much that I have a friend in Seattle I call Lefty and she calls me Pancho. Great ballad, wonderful vocals, sweet mid-song instrumental. My favorite song from the Red-Headed Stranger. Plus hearing Pancho reminds me of Erik Estrada on Chips, which is always a good thing.
3. Pushing Daisies -- start watching this show on Wednesday nights, or it may go away. Cool concept. For those who have not seen, a pie maker named Ned can bring things back to life by touching them. A second touch kills them again for good. If a re-animated person lives for over 60 seconds, something else dies in its place. Now, beyond the morbidity, Ned teams with a private detective to solve murders by asking the corpse, "Who did it?" All while living with his long lost love, who he brought back from the dead and cannot touch. Great writing, great acting, and the amazing Kristin Chenoweth. Last night they pretended to be 2 priests and a nun from the Vatican, under the names of Father Dowling, Father Mulcahey, and Sister Christian. If you don't see the humor in that you need for time on Wikipedia or imdb.com.
4. The airplane -- I know it is easy to b**, I mean complain, about the price of tickets and charges for extra bags, and bad food, and no leg room, and the smelly guy next to you. But imagine having to drive from Alaska to Orlando. How much do you think you would really enjoy Disney World then? Or taking a steamer from New York to Paris. For all of their......less than complimentary nuances, airplanes are freaking amazing things. I got to see my friend Kari a week ago who lives in Seattle. She got to Anchorage in about the same time it took me to drive to the airport. Thank you Orville and Wilbur.
5. Author Terry Pratchett -- this guy invented Discworld, and then took us there with over 20 novels. They are smart, funny, satirical, and sometimes biting. Always good. Recently donated $1 million to Alzheimer’s research. Do yourself a favor and pick up Going Postal or Night Watch. You'll be glad you did. Thanks Terry for introducing me to The Death of Rats (why should people be the only one with a grim reaper?), Moist von Lipwig, Sam Vimes, Havelock Vetinari, Nobby Nobbs, and Captain Carrot Ironfoundersson.
There they are, 5 new things for you all to enjoy, learn about, and hopefully appreciate.